Saturday, May 21, 2022

Playing with Art

I have found that when I have finished a run of productivity I need a break. I may not create anything or even think about art for days or weeks at a time. I need to move beyond what I have just finished, rest and recharge. New ideas will fill my brain and then it's time to play. Playing seems to be my bridge from one set of work to the next. During this experimental time, I avoid using my primary medium, oil and cold wax. Acrylics, pastels and oils with various additives applied in new ways on a variety of substrates fill my imagination and my workspace. Some go one to be used in other works and some become finished pieces in their own right. I encourage everyone to take some time to play.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vacation time

 This blog is late because of my vacation, but about vacation.... Everyone needs vacation time. To decompress, re-energize, disconnect and r...